Rooms and Suites
Room in Garden Wing
Your room at The Malton is about total relaxation. Luxuriate with Damana body washes and crèmes before stretching out on crisp white bed linen.
Every room offers luxury, whether in the Main House, with its high Victorian ceilings and impossibly tall windows, or the newer Garden Wing, for contemporary comfort and style.
Each room at The Malton has something special - some with smooth leather headboards, others with silky curtains, or stylish wallpaper. Some rooms are decorated in restful, natural colours and textures, others in funky, hip colours straight out of a magazine. Rooms in the Main House are designed with traditional charming décor reflecting The Malton's classic heritage.
- Enjoy 24-hour room service for late-night snacks, a leisurely breakfast in, or candlelit dinner in your room.
- Laundry and dry cleaning service is available.
- Dial-up internet can be accessed from all rooms.
- Our concierge is ready and waiting to help you with any special requests.
All guest rooms include:
- Complimentary bottled water
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Television with multi-channels
- Iron (on request)
- Trouser press
- Stationary and desk or table for working
Living History: The spacious Victorian staircases and hallways of the Main House were specifically designed to allow two ladies in hooped dresses to comfortably pass.
Through the years our hotel has seen its share of celebrities, presidents, and dignitaries as guests, including Charlie Chaplin, Princess Grace of Monaco, The Queen of Tonga, Jackie Kennedy, Pat Nixon, the Duchess of York, Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson, and Tyrone Power. Many Irish presidents and Taoiseachs have been our guests, including Sean Lemass, Charles Haughey, and Bertie Ahern. President of Ireland Eamon de Valera stayed in room 46 whenever he came to Killarney. A special iron bed, with headboard inlaid with mother of pearl, was reserved for him.
Deluxe Bedroom - Main House